
On June 25, 1962 the Supreme Court decision to take this prayer out of a New York school changed the United States in ways many could not imagine:
"Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence upon Thee, and we beg Thy blessings upon us, our parents, our teachers and our country. Amen."
Considering the chain of events that this decision set into motion, I think most Americans would have to agree that this verdict changed society for the worse. I would certainly welcome this prayer and would hope others would too.
Here is a Wikipedia link regarding the 1962 Supreme Court decision:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engel_v._Vitale
A series of court cases followed that ultimately resulted in prayer not being allowed in public schools. SAT scores dropped and have been steadily dropping ever since. Some will say that there has been an increase but that is only because College Board members which administer these tests have manipulated the scale. Here is a link to a blog that came up when I googled "SAT scores drop since 1963":
http://d-edreckoning.blogspot.com/2007/08/sat-scores-continue-to-drop.html
I encourage you to do the research yourself. Just google any topic you can think of and add "rise of/decline of in 1963". Here are some examples of topics you can google: birth rates, pregnancies to unwed girls, sexually transmitted diseases, pre-marital sexual activity, teens who are sexually active, divorce rates, single-parent homes, unmarried couples living together, adultery, alcohol consumption per capita, the list goes on and on.
I choose to homeschool my children and God is welcome at all times. We talk with Him on a daily basis. Devotional is at the center of the day's lessons. The gospel of Jesus Christ is taught in our school. I hope that the next generation of leaders and judges will see that all GOOD things come from God.
"Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence upon Thee, and we beg Thy blessings upon us, our parents, our teachers and our country. Amen."
Considering the chain of events that this decision set into motion, I think most Americans would have to agree that this verdict changed society for the worse. I would certainly welcome this prayer and would hope others would too.
Here is a Wikipedia link regarding the 1962 Supreme Court decision:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engel_v._Vitale
A series of court cases followed that ultimately resulted in prayer not being allowed in public schools. SAT scores dropped and have been steadily dropping ever since. Some will say that there has been an increase but that is only because College Board members which administer these tests have manipulated the scale. Here is a link to a blog that came up when I googled "SAT scores drop since 1963":
http://d-edreckoning.blogspot.com/2007/08/sat-scores-continue-to-drop.html
I encourage you to do the research yourself. Just google any topic you can think of and add "rise of/decline of in 1963". Here are some examples of topics you can google: birth rates, pregnancies to unwed girls, sexually transmitted diseases, pre-marital sexual activity, teens who are sexually active, divorce rates, single-parent homes, unmarried couples living together, adultery, alcohol consumption per capita, the list goes on and on.
I choose to homeschool my children and God is welcome at all times. We talk with Him on a daily basis. Devotional is at the center of the day's lessons. The gospel of Jesus Christ is taught in our school. I hope that the next generation of leaders and judges will see that all GOOD things come from God.
No comments:
Post a Comment